ABOUT ORU KAYAK:
We are a talented bunch of misfits, who wake up every morning to Transform the way people connect with the outdoors. Though we work hard, it never feels much like work because we love what we do. If you would like to join a team that is primed to redefine the paddle sport industry, take a look at our openings...hopefully there is a fit for you!
Jr. Sales Associate
Salary: $40-50K (based on experience)
Want to be apart of a team selling the most innovative kayak on the planet? Oru Kayak is looking for a Jr. Sales Associate–someone who is hardworking, organized and oh yeah...loves the outdoors!
The Junior Sales Associate is a sales-support position, responsible for servicing accounts (new and existing) and identifying/contacting prospects. This is a full time job based in the San Francisco Bay Area. A major component of this job will be travel (⅓ of your time will be on the road). Junior Sales Associates is responsible for responding to inbound requests, cold-calling into prospect companies-including new, and existing clients, traveling to a variety of locations to service global accounts.
The Jr. Sales Associate is the first contact between the existing resellers, prospective customers and Oru Kayak!
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs) within Oru Kayak’s CRM tool.
- Responds to inquiries via live chat, email, incoming and outbound calls.
- Travels to service and educate Oru Kayak’s retail partners.
- Identifies, qualifies and cultivates new sales opportunities through multiple mediums (email, phone, trade shows, inbound website leads, and more).
- Responsible for achieving sales targets such as number of qualified opportunities per campaign, number of daily activities/tasks, call quality, appointment setting and sales skills.
- Learns and conducts product demonstrations in-person.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated individual to contribute immediately; to learn leading-edge sales and marketing techniques and have an impact on our organization’s success as well as position himself/herself effectively for the next step in his/her career.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years sales-related experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience with high-volume prospecting through email marketing and cold calling
- Enthusiasm for and familiarity with kayaking/the outdoor industry
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, assertive self-starter who is extremely organized and goal driven
- Team player
- Ability to learn and think quickly
- High-volume cold-calling experience preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CRM experience a plus
WORK LIFE BALANCE:
- At Oru Kayak, we recognized that everyone works really hard, whether its designing our next awesome product, creating partnerships that will take us to the next level, or contributing to the growth of the company in another way. For everyone to give their best, and live a well-balanced life, we need to take time off to recharge and pursue some non-Oru related fun.
We trust in our team’s ability to manage their time off effectively - to collaborate, openly communicate, and to support one another whenever possible with workload. It’s for these reasons that we are able to implement a flexible time off policy, instead of a traditional PTO (paid time off) structure.
PAID TIME OFF INCLUDES:
- We have a flexible PTO policy, in the interest of fairness to all of the members of the team, we would recommend that we stick to a minimum of 10 days per year, and a maximum of 20 days per year, which is in addition to the Oru Kayak recognized federal holidays (7 days), and closure during Christmas and New Years (approx. 6 days).